... Once again, the chains are out
Yet another man is dragged about
Since he's dead, is he finally free?
No, he's alive and heading straight toward me!
Oh, what a risk he is taking!
Now my scream begins its shaking,
The white man was prepared and started aiming
My verbal vomit shall soon be ending
For my husband is the target of the white man's shooting...
"...If a yellow drop of rain fell into a stream of blue, the water may turn green, but it would taste the same to me and you... The reason for the white men treating us this way is not their color. It is the fact that they would rather die than ever drink from a stream of green water..."
...Is this real, or just a nightmare?
My wrists are bound, my mind a flare!
Life is revealing nasty suprises
Once again my stomach turns and rises
When will this torture end?
How many nightmares must I attend?
I open my eyes and see no other,
then a change of race, a change of color...
What I experienced in class
could never even compare
to the Africans enslaved
in that horrible nightmare...
They were chained, I was taped;
They were packed, I had escaped...
If I were a slave, I wouldn't have accomplished that.
No comments:
Post a Comment