10/29/11

A Gift of Nature


Every night I cross a garden 
Of fear and fantasy 
A moonlit path is all I have 
Throughout my ecstasy 

Small I am 
Beneath the towering trees 
But as quick and silent 
As a wintry breeze 

On one of these journeys 
The quiet night surprised me 
With a sudden fall of rain 
My foggy breath was rising 
Hanging heavy in the air 
As the shower soaked my skin 
While trickling down my hair 

Although I couldn’t see 
I knew my way 
But a soft, lingering scent 
Had lead me astray 
When all that was familiar 
Had gone away 
I traced my hand along the cold stone path 
Only to find tender petals of a delicate rose 
Falling into a rainy wrath 

As though it was not enough 
The river seemed to invite 
With eternal patience as it humbly asked 
For my foot, despite its might 

I made myself a dare 
Ran towards the rippled strip 
Held a breath of air 
And sweetly took a dip 

Tilting back my head 
My pulse began to skip 
As I cupped my sodden hands 
And took a frigid sip 

As tired as I was 
Was comforted by the degree 
And the rushing water 
Gently massaging me 

But the glorious moment was 
When the moon splashed masterpieces 
Lit the clouds and inflicted my eyes 
With gorgeous, breath-taking diseases 

Now lightning danced across the sky 
Leaving a sparkle in each eye 
Cherishing each and every moment 
As they witnessed vicious torment 

It is often amazing how beautiful 
Even threatening scenes can be 
Just to see, it requires and inspires 
An important part of me 

Nature, a work of art 
Whose roots are embedded in my heart 

No comments: