10/29/11

The Knight Within


Sobbing, the storm lay equally with my sorrow 
Hopes are low for a better tomorrow 
This war is never ending 
And chances of life are always bending 

When I was little, peace it was 
But now my memories are such a fuzz 
As for my brother, never the chance to see 
His young life was bought with hate and agony 

For that was then, and not today 
My heart is commanding and I must obey 
In order for me to go on and be 
The knight who was once deep within me 

Earth and sky, please join my praise 
That my brother's spirit will someday raise 
Begone my thoughts of what was once 
My cowarldly life, when days were months 

The lightning opened its mouth to cry 
But every scream had fallen dry 
Every flash reflected this place 
Tearless I stood, expressionless my face 

I wore my armor, with sword in hand 
As I walked upon the enemy's land 
Although we were a distance apart 
I could feel the racing of my heart 

With my sword, my enemy I lashed 
I thought I had won, but found our swords clashed 
He caught me off beat as we warred 
My blood then stained his crimson sword 

Nothing had I to comfort the pain 
But push it away with courage, I strained 
For my brother's sake, my strength did hold 
My body bled and fell as my vision rolled 

Dying from my foe's victory, I lay 
And in this moment, forever i would stay 
But with the last breath I drew 
I prayed that my brother would not die too 

Struggling to set my brother free 
I stood, but then my strength did flee 
And as my body fell to the ground 
My spirit called out its destinned sound 

Swinging a bolt from the shadow of my shame 
I lit the sky with my inner flame 
The thunder roared across the skies 
And a fire was burning within my eyes 

I stood and drew my sword up high 
Then charged and roared a battle cry 
Although I had fallen at my foe's blade 
My voice was heard, and a hero I was made

No comments: