10/25/11

Marking Our Territory

One day Justina and I were home alone, and decided to write our names in the yard........ with gasoline.
Justina wrote her name first, then handed the can to me. As I was finishing writing the last letter of my name, standing on the opposite side of the yard than Justina.... she began to light her name. As you may have already guessed. The line of fire was headed straight towards me, holding a full can of gasoline!! I threw the gas can as far away as I could and ran.
We laughed at our stupidity... And stood for a few minutes watching our 10-15ft flames soar into the air. Our neighbor ran outside and screamed, "What the heck are you two doing? Trying to burn down the nighborhood?!"
Justina and I then had an, "Omg, our property is on fire" moment. So, we quickly raked all the forest we could away from the house. And grabbed the hose. We found out that in a gasoline fire, water only spreads the fire. It spread out into the street. Luckily no cars drove by at the time. And we were outside the whole time spraying it till the fire died down. Our mom only found out about half of the stupid things we did at that house.

No comments: