When we were little, we were pretty stupid... if you havn't figured that out by now. We found much fun in doing dangerous things. One of these things was arrows!!
Our favorite thing to do was to shoot them straight up in the air and run away from them when they came back down. Sometimes we'd tied strings onto the ends, shoot at frizbees, shoot arrows all the way into trees, shoot at birds, fight over who could shoot the highest, try to get under the arrows and stop them with our shields, see who can find the arrow first.... but no, our favorite was to shoot them straight up and risk our lives running away from the arrows.
One of these times, we shot up, and the air kinda made the arrow change directions. So Brandon ran about 30 ft from where he thought the arrow would hit. I just stood as I watched him run towards the arrows path. As soon as I began to yell his name, he fell to the ground as an arrow struck him down. I ran to him thinking, "Omg, I just killed my brother, what the heck am I gonna tell my parents. Omg! Omg!! Omg!!!"
Luckily he survived, the arrow actually never penetrated his skin. But went straight through 2 layers of the side of his pants. I don't know how on Earth we got that lucky. And even after we told our parents this amazing story and got in a lot of trouble... we continued our fun little game.
Our favorite thing to do was to shoot them straight up in the air and run away from them when they came back down. Sometimes we'd tied strings onto the ends, shoot at frizbees, shoot arrows all the way into trees, shoot at birds, fight over who could shoot the highest, try to get under the arrows and stop them with our shields, see who can find the arrow first.... but no, our favorite was to shoot them straight up and risk our lives running away from the arrows.
One of these times, we shot up, and the air kinda made the arrow change directions. So Brandon ran about 30 ft from where he thought the arrow would hit. I just stood as I watched him run towards the arrows path. As soon as I began to yell his name, he fell to the ground as an arrow struck him down. I ran to him thinking, "Omg, I just killed my brother, what the heck am I gonna tell my parents. Omg! Omg!! Omg!!!"
Luckily he survived, the arrow actually never penetrated his skin. But went straight through 2 layers of the side of his pants. I don't know how on Earth we got that lucky. And even after we told our parents this amazing story and got in a lot of trouble... we continued our fun little game.
No comments:
Post a Comment