10/25/11

Construction vs. Destruction "Look what I built!!"

When we we're little. Our dad worked in construction. And we all learned from him. He'd give us small little projects, things to build, things to paint, or draw plans for... 

Well, when Brandon and I got into skateboarding. Our new rave was building skateboard ramps.
One day our mom told us we had to play with Nicholas. "Aw.... come on Mom, do we have to??" ....of course we did. Nicholas had his own little plastic toy hammer, and thought he was really helping. But then he picked up a real hammer and realized he could make dents in our wood and was amazed by it. "Look what I did!" Brandon and I got just a bit mad that Nick was not only was getting in the way, but now putting dents in our skateboard ramp.
So, we gave Nick a few pieces of scrap wood and bark (he wouldn't know the difference) and told him to build us something really cool. So, we took our ramp and wood far away, as so Nick couldn't bug us or ruin our fun. This left nick alone with a REAL hammer.... 

On our way back inside when we were done "working" for the day, we heard Mom open the door... and Nick say "Look what I built!!" with a big grin on his face, hitting our dad's Jeep with the hammer, and glass all over the ground. Our parents were so mad about the car and the fact that we left our little brother alone with a hammer.

No comments: