10/25/11

Treadmill Drill

I wish I still had my old journals... I bet we could get a record for the kids that did the most stupidest (yes, I did just used a double superlative. Forget grammar when I'm this tired!)
things ever!!! The tredmill was a new item for our mom to try and "stay in shape". I honestly think we used it more than she ever did.
My sis and I already had experience playing with treadmills at hotels growing up. We always found the workout rooms, and snuck in hours before you were aloud to use it... like say... 3am. And would turn the treadmills on full speed going down hill, sometimes line them up and almost connect them. Jump on our butts and be thrown off the other end. 
Idk if you know the true power of some of those fancy treadmills they have at hotels. But we often time bruised our butts, ripped our clothes, bled a bit, and got a little hurt. We calledl this "fun". My shoe even touched the treadmill at the high speed once and it melted a hole through one side of my shoe. That's how intense it can get!! 
Well, now we finally had our own treadmill At HOME!!!! Our sister made up this sort of agility course/drill for Brandon and I. We'd climb into a laundry bin sitting on the tredmill and our sister would turn the treadmill on full blast. Then one of us kids would turn a timer on for a few minutes. Stop the treadmill with a spinning kid (brandon or I) inside. And our sis would open the bin for us... We'd race up and down the stairs and around the house. Dizzy, falling everywhere, hitting the walls. It was entertainment for everyone. And someone would time us to keep score. 
We had so many strokes of stupid brilliance like this to cure our boredom.

No comments: