10/25/11

Pass or Fatal

So, up here in the mountains, we do things a bit differently. I have my reasons to fear driving...
and to enjoy it. Well... when I was taught to drive. Everthing seemed to be pass or fail... With the fail part being fatal. My grandpa helped me with learning three point turns. Excuse me, did I say "helped" me. What I meant to say was something more like forced, or threatened me to do so. I can't seem to decide on a word. And "help" will just have to do for now.
Gramps found a nice spot in the mountains where he managed to park the car with one side facing a wall of mountain, and the other facing a cliff. With just the smallest amount of room left for the car to move without either crashing into the wall, or tumpbling off the cliff. He got out of the car and told me to hop in the driver's seat. I was like, "What? what am I supposed to do?"... "I'm gunna teach you a propper three point turn."
Apparantly life threatening is the "propper" way to learn. I managed to learn 3 point turns.... But, I was scared to death. And to add to the fun... there's always snow in them dang mountains. My grandpa seemed to find it funny.

No comments: